The Golden Land
Union of Burma or Myanmar
Note: Since 1989 the military authorities in Burma have promoted Myanmar as a conventional name for their state. This decision was not (and is not) approved by any sitting legislature in Burma, and is not accepted by the U.S. However, the name Myanmar is now widely accepted by numerous countries and by the United Nations.
Capital City: Nay Pyi Taw
(2,606,885 pop.) (3,451,549 metro)
Population of Myanmar:
55,167,330 (2013 est.)
Population of Yangon (largest city):
Burmese (official), minority ethnic groups have their own languages
Buddhist 89%, Christian 4% (Baptist 3%, Roman Catholic 1%), Muslim 4%, animist 1%
Currency: Kyat (MMK)
National Day: January 4
Ethnicity: Burman 68%, Shan 9%, Karen 7%, Rakhine 4%, Chinese 3%, Indian 2%, Mon 2%
Except where noted, information taken from www.worldatlas.com.
Watch about the ministry in Myanmar
Thanking God for:
- The opportunity to train a congregation on Biblical, reformed worship. The message was well received.
- The privilege of preaching at different locations.
- The doctor of traditional Korean medicine who joins our worship every Sunday and opens a clinic at the church after the service for the sick people.
Please Pray for:
- A pastor as he makes plans to give training to believers in other mission stations next month.
- The country, as the situation is not yet improving. Many people are suffering as the economy is going down badly.