The Golden Land
Union of Burma or Myanmar
Note: Since 1989 the military authorities in Burma have promoted Myanmar as a conventional name for their state. This decision was not (and is not) approved by any sitting legislature in Burma, and is not accepted by the U.S. However, the name Myanmar is now widely accepted by numerous countries and by the United Nations.
Capital City: Nay Pyi Taw
(2,606,885 pop.) (3,451,549 metro)
Population of Myanmar:
55,167,330 (2013 est.)
Population of Yangon (largest city):
Burmese (official), minority ethnic groups have their own languages
Buddhist 89%, Christian 4% (Baptist 3%, Roman Catholic 1%), Muslim 4%, animist 1%
Currency: Kyat (MMK)
National Day: January 4
Ethnicity: Burman 68%, Shan 9%, Karen 7%, Rakhine 4%, Chinese 3%, Indian 2%, Mon 2%
Except where noted, information taken from www.worldatlas.com.
Watch about the ministry in Myanmar
Thanking God for:
- Completion of school examinations for the orphanage children who are awaiting final results in mid-April.
- The newly appointed preacher and his family who are doing great and caring for the flock.
- The continued improvement in the health of a pastor’s wife.
Please Pray for:
- The ongoing fighting that can be heard every day, especially in dangerous areas where martial law has been declared.
- Brothers and sisters who have moved away to seek safety as refugees.
- A young lady at the orphanage center who received biopsy results indicating she has anemia.