The Golden Land
Union of Burma or Myanmar
Note: Since 1989 the military authorities in Burma have promoted Myanmar as a conventional name for their state. This decision was not (and is not) approved by any sitting legislature in Burma, and is not accepted by the U.S. However, the name Myanmar is now widely accepted by numerous countries and by the United Nations.
Capital City: Nay Pyi Taw
(2,606,885 pop.) (3,451,549 metro)
Population of Myanmar:
55,167,330 (2013 est.)
Population of Yangon (largest city):
Burmese (official), minority ethnic groups have their own languages
Buddhist 89%, Christian 4% (Baptist 3%, Roman Catholic 1%), Muslim 4%, animist 1%
Currency: Kyat (MMK)
National Day: January 4
Ethnicity: Burman 68%, Shan 9%, Karen 7%, Rakhine 4%, Chinese 3%, Indian 2%, Mon 2%
Except where noted, information taken from www.worldatlas.com.
Watch about the ministry in Myanmar
Thanking God for:
- The ministry going well in spite of political unrest and economic crisis.
- The prayers and support of brothers and sisters in the United States.
- His grace that is always sufficient and abounding toward us.
Please Pray for:
- The continued healing of the pastor’s wife who has been recovering from tuberculosis.
- Help through the wide variety of difficulties of life in our country.
- Church planters and their families throughout the country.