"Brazil needs preachers, leaders, and churches that understand and live out the truth that Christianity is to be controlled by Scripture alone, faith alone, grace alone, Christ alone, and that it is all for the glory of God alone."
- Rev. Doug Leaman
Official Name: Brazil
Capital City: Brasilia
(2,606,885 pop.) (3,451,549 metro)
Population of Brazil:
201,009,622 (2013 est.)
Population of Recife:
1,478,098 (Around 4 Mill. metro)*
Portuguese (official), and most widely spoken language. Less common languages include Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, English, and a large number of minor Amerindian languages.
Roman Catholic (nominal) 73.6%, Protestant 15.4%, Spiritualist 1.3%, Bantu/voodoo 0.3%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.2%, none 7.4%
Brazil Real (BRL)
White 53.7%, Mulatto (mixed white and black) 38.5%, Black 6.2%, other 0.9%, unspecified 0.7%
Except where noted, information taken from www.worldatlas.com.
Rev. Doug Leaman
Biblical Counseling & Project SOli Deo Gloria
Born to missionary parents in the country of Brazil, Rev. Doug Leaman grew up in the Bible Presbyterian Church where his dad served as missionary and pastor for many years. After graduating from The Master's College in 1995, Doug worked in Brazil for almost a decade, during which time he married Leah. They learned about the language, culture, customs, and people of Brazil while developing a heart for ministering to Brazilian people. After 500 years of Roman Catholicism, spiritism, a growing secularism, rampant political corruption, and an evangelical world that is inundated with the latest fads from around the world, Brazil is in need of the winds of the Reformation.
Doug is an ordained minister of the gospel in the Bible Presbyterian Church. He has a Master of Divinity degree from Western Reformed Seminary and a Master of Arts degree in Biblical Counseling from The Master's College as well as biblical counseling certification through NANC. His mission is to teach biblical counseling/discipleship and to preach the gospel as far and wide as the Lord will allow in cooperation with churches faithful to the gospel. The Lord has now blessed Doug and Leah with a family of seven boys.
Please pray for the Leamans.
Watch About the Ministry in Brazil
Thanking God for:
- Zayin’s safe trip to the States and entrance to the Master’s University.
- Allowing us to find a faithful man to administrate the new SDG Institute.
- The course on Biblical Spirituality that is always so encouraging/challenging to teach through (FITref).
- The excellent and safe “future men” event held in August.
Please Pray for:
- The completion of the building projects, in spite of the intense rainy season Recife has had over the past months.
- A new camp we plan to hold in September to prepare students in a Biblical worldview for the college campus (through ABRAN—The Biblical Reformed Camp of Apologetics in the Northeast).