"Brazil needs preachers, leaders, and churches that understand and live out the truth that Christianity is to be controlled by Scripture alone, faith alone, grace alone, Christ alone, and that it is all for the glory of God alone."
- Rev. Doug Leaman
Official Name: Brazil
Capital City: Brasilia
(2,606,885 pop.) (3,451,549 metro)
Population of Brazil:
201,009,622 (2013 est.)
Population of Recife:
1,478,098 (Around 4 Mill. metro)*
Portuguese (official), and most widely spoken language. Less common languages include Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, English, and a large number of minor Amerindian languages.
Roman Catholic (nominal) 73.6%, Protestant 15.4%, Spiritualist 1.3%, Bantu/voodoo 0.3%, other 1.8%, unspecified 0.2%, none 7.4%
Brazil Real (BRL)
White 53.7%, Mulatto (mixed white and black) 38.5%, Black 6.2%, other 0.9%, unspecified 0.7%
Except where noted, information taken from www.worldatlas.com.
Rev. Doug Leaman
Biblical Counseling & Project SOli Deo Gloria
Born to missionary parents in the country of Brazil, Rev. Doug Leaman grew up in the Bible Presbyterian Church where his dad served as missionary and pastor for many years. After graduating from The Master's College in 1995, Doug worked in Brazil for almost a decade, during which time he married Leah. They learned about the language, culture, customs, and people of Brazil while developing a heart for ministering to Brazilian people. After 500 years of Roman Catholicism, spiritism, a growing secularism, rampant political corruption, and an evangelical world that is inundated with the latest fads from around the world, Brazil is in need of the winds of the Reformation.
Doug is an ordained minister of the gospel in the Bible Presbyterian Church. He has a Master of Divinity degree from Western Reformed Seminary and a Master of Arts degree in Biblical Counseling from The Master's College as well as biblical counseling certification through NANC. His mission is to teach biblical counseling/discipleship and to preach the gospel as far and wide as the Lord will allow in cooperation with churches faithful to the gospel. The Lord has now blessed Doug and Leah with a family of seven boys.
Please pray for the Leamans.
Watch About the Ministry in Brazil
Thanking God for:
- A safe and blessed visit and travels to the US as well as a safe return to Brazil.
- Darius’ job in Washington State.
- Zayin’s return to university and his continued recovery from knee surgery.
Please Pray for:
- The coming events and courses with SDG (future men, university apologetics outreach, ladies retreat, and Biblical counseling course in Aldeia).
- Friday night evangelism opportunities and for God to use the efforts of the SDG students here in Aldeia.
- Spiritual and technical growth for twenty resident students at the tech and theology Institute.
- The rest of the teaching this semester at Fitref (Intro. to Biblical Counseling).